I think I was more excited about Christmas this year than Hunter. I talked to him about "Jeez" birthday and "Claus." He wasn't afraid to tell Claus very matter-of-factly that he wanted "toys." Let me tell you, Christmas did not disappoint this year.
Let's just say that I've always been good at opening presents . . . really good. Nothing excites me more than ripping paper (who needs bags anyway!). I have wondered if this was environmental, a nurtured instinct perhaps. NOPE! It's genetic!! And my boy's got talent! I think he opened everyone's presents, including his own, during all the festivities--no help needed. (We couldn't even put presents under the tree before Christmas this year because he wanted to open them.)
He loves his car from Grandma and Grandaddy. Santa Claus brought him a very cool tent (that now takes up half my dining room) and Pop got him a "basset bawl" goal (which by the way, he needed no instructions on how to use.) He loves his new books and "tate head" (mr. potato head) too.
I can hardly wait for next year (my checkbook is another story). I know that the magic of Christmas will continue to live in our house forever....it can live in yours too...just BELIEVE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment